By George Stachokas
- Describes how digital assets represent either a problem and a chance for libraries
- Argues that librarians can re-define themselves
- Puts the case that libraries should be reorganized to optimize digital source administration and data prone in response to modern know-how and person needs
Read Online or Download After the Book: Information Services for the 21st Century (Chandos Information Professional Series) PDF
Similar library & information science books
Reworking learn Libraries for the worldwide wisdom Society explores severe elements of analysis library transformation wanted for winning transition into the twenty first century multicultural surroundings. The publication is written via leaders within the box who've genuine global event with transformational swap and thought-provoking principles for the way forward for examine libraries, educational librarianship, examine collections, and the altering nature of worldwide scholarship inside of a better schooling context.
Established partly on a range of the author's prior weblog postings, info execs' profession private is a handy, browsable, and illuminating pocket compendium of insights on subject matters correct for info and information pros at any degree in their careers. This publication collects reviews on issues of curiosity to new and skilled details execs alike in 1-2 minute “quick takes, inviting additional concept.
Succession making plans in Canadian educational Libraries explores the present Canadian educational library atmosphere, and the necessity for succession making plans in that atmosphere. The literature evaluation demonstrates the inability of pronounced succession making plans actions in Canadian educational libraries. website visits and in-depth interviews with specialist librarians at six libraries throughout Canada spotlight most sensible practices and boundaries to succession making plans.
Repositories for low use books have lengthy existed for the bigger cultural associations around the globe. Libraries have lengthy been robust builders of off-site garage. This desire has developed for libraries due to their non-stop number of print fabrics as a list of the highbrow and cultural output of alternative cultures.
- Intellectual Freedom Manual, Ninth Edition
- 101 Great, Ready-to-Use Book Lists for Children
- Reference Sources for Small and Medium-sized Libraries, Eighth Edition
- Recruiting, Educating, and Training Librarians for Collection Development (New Directions in Information Management)
- Library Technology and User Services: Planning, Integration, and Usability Engineering (Chandos Information Professional Series)
- Easy Technology Programs for Libraries: 15 Quick and Popular Programs Your Patrons Will Love
Extra resources for After the Book: Information Services for the 21st Century (Chandos Information Professional Series)
After the Book: Information Services for the 21st Century (Chandos Information Professional Series) by George Stachokas