By Simon DeVries
The be aware Biblical statement offers the simplest in biblical scholarship, from the best students of our day who proportion a dedication to Scripture as divine revelation. This sequence emphasizes an intensive research of textual, linguistic, structural, and theological facts. the result's sensible and balanced perception into the meanings of the textual content within the framework of biblical theology. those broadly acclaimed commentaries function unheard of assets for the pro theologian and teacher, the seminary or college pupil, the operating minister, and everybody involved in construction theological figuring out from an excellent base of biblical scholarship.
Overview of remark Organization
- Introduction—covers matters relating the entire e-book, together with context, date, authorship, composition, interpretive matters, goal, and theology.
- Each element of the observation includes:
- Pericope Bibliography—a invaluable source containing an important works that pertain to every specific pericope.
- Translation—the author’s personal translation of the biblical textual content, reflecting the result of exegesis and getting to Hebrew and Greek idiomatic utilization of phrases, words, and tenses, but in quite sturdy English.
- Notes—the author’s notes to the interpretation that tackle any textual versions, grammatical kinds, syntactical structures, easy meanings of phrases, and difficulties of translation.
- Form/Structure/Setting—a dialogue of redaction, style, assets, and culture as they drawback the foundation of the pericope, its canonical shape, and its relation to the biblical and extra-biblical contexts for you to light up the constitution and personality of the pericope. Rhetorical or compositional gains very important to realizing the passage also are brought here.
- Comment—verse-by-verse interpretation of the textual content and discussion with different interpreters, enticing with present opinion and scholarly research.
- Explanation—brings jointly the entire result of the dialogue in earlier sections to reveal the which means and purpose of the textual content at numerous degrees: (1) in the context of the booklet itself; (2) its that means within the OT or NT; (3) its position within the complete canon; (4) theological relevance to broader OT or NT issues.
General Bibliography—occurring on the finish of every quantity, this huge bibliography includes all resources used anyplace within the commentary.
Read or Download 1 Kings, Volume 12: Second Edition (Word Biblical Commentary) PDF
Similar christian reference_1 books
The Revelation 12 sign up September, 2017, is the time in the event you the place right here the final Trump sound. Donald Trump often is the final president elected within the usa prior to the realm is going into the 7 yr tribulation. The final Trump and the final Trump.
What if heresy had grown in the church, maturing secretly over greater than a millennium, operating unwell below the canopy of correct trust and worship? This startling and provocative ebook argues that the traditional heresy of Docetism, reappearing in a sort resonant with its unique denial of Christ's physique, has introduced the Western church to its present country of disrepair.
Years earlier than writing Romans or Ephesians, Paul despatched a couple of letters to a brand new church in Thessalonica. 3 matters ruled Paul’s instructing in those letters: What makes a fit church? How should still we view God’s notice? What does a Christian existence appear like? Richard D. Phillips’s observation considers those foundational concerns in a scholarly, pastoral, and sensible demeanour and likewise explores Paul’s end-times teaching—the clearest present in the hot testomony.
Those twenty-two meditations at the songs, prayers, and tales of the Bible invite readers to visualize themselves as a part of a global within which people could absolutely stay into their sufferings and joys as a part of a colourful whereas nonetheless seriously looking out religion in God. the following we see prophets and poets, in addition to usual women and men, embody the realities of existence with no apology or worry.
- Ecclesiastes and the Riddle of Authorship (BibleWorld)
- Hidden In Plain View: Undesigned Coincidences in the Gospels and Acts
- That Burning Question: The Asking a Christian question and answer book Vol1
- The Best of Solomon
- Exalting Jesus in Daniel (Christ-Centered Exposition Commentary)
Additional resources for 1 Kings, Volume 12: Second Edition (Word Biblical Commentary)
1 Kings, Volume 12: Second Edition (Word Biblical Commentary) by Simon DeVries